Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getaway

For a while now I've wanted to get away. Life just doesn't stop long enough to think sometimes. I took Sunday into Monday to try to figure things out. Brian had the kids so I decided to go. I took the scenic route to Brown County. It's so interesting to people watch, taking in their mannerisms and actions. It's amusing. After I sat people-watching for a while I browsed the quaint shoppes there looking for nothing but finding a few little things to take back with me. A visit to the winery was enjoyable as I tasted some new wines and purchased a bottle of vintage port. It tasted so good with chocolate I just had to... The path on the other side of the road led me to this all natural aromatherapy shop that had all kinds of things for a relaxing soak in the tub. The smells were amazing. Calming. So... I bought a magnolia scented bath bomb. Wine, bath.... my favorite way to relax. Then I hit the candy store leaving with some fresh peanut butter chocolate fudge, some lego candy (that you can really build with!) for the kids, and a dark chocolate covered cherry cordial (another favorite). Since it was Sunday they all closed earlier than usual so at 5 I drove down the curvy road, well sped down the curvy road, windows down singing all the way at the top of my lungs, to Yellowwood State Forest where I could get dirty and explore. I took the "Scarce Of Fat" trail. It started near the dam and was 4 miles of rugged muddiness. Perfect. There were tree frogs and a snake, orange toadstools and bright green moss, a trail of hoofprints that led me to a doe by the creek, and a fallen tree that I spread my blanket on and laid just listening to the sounds. Religious and refreshing

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Your words are so colorful and real, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound amazing!!!! All of it. I wish I had someone to do those things with or at least find time to do it myself!
    I mentioned before to some of the other girls, that a few of us should do the wine tour together! I went with my mom and a few years ago and had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sarah! amy, a wine tour sounds wonderful!! i would definitely be up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should try to plan it then! Does Brian ever have the kids on the weekends? Our big kids are gone every other week and my husband does not mind taking the lil guy so I can have some much needed time with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if he has them on a weekend it is not overnight because he works part time. he will have them tues wed and thurs of next week and thurs fri and sat of the week after.

    ReplyDelete